NEED HELP! White Electric Mower needs repair

Old 04-06-07, 01:35 PM
Adm
Exclamation NEED HELP! White Electric Mower needs repair

White Electric Mower needs repair.

I have a 19 inch, White Electric Mower that was recently "handed down" to me in non-working condition (model # 185-387-190). When the unit is pluged in and started, it blows the fuse in the surge protector. I tried calling MTD to get a manual (MTD makes White products) and advice, but the company has offered neither.

Anyone have an idea where to get a photocopy of the manual or get information to diagnose the operational problem?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-07, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the DoItYourself.com forums Adm Sorry your post hasn't been answered yet. I moved your thread here to the Outdoor Power Equipment and Small Engines topic. I think these guys can help you out

Old 04-09-07, 05:09 PM
Based on my computer lookup I see no owners manual available. Especially difficult will be the fact that this is a '95 model year...old as far as obtaining a manual. Bare with me a day or two and I'll see if I can locate something for you. I will say that an owners manual will have little value in servicing your motor, they're not worth much in that respect but I'll see what I can do anyhow.

Old 04-09-07, 10:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't know about finding a manual, but the diagnosis should be fairly easy. With the problem you're having, I'd be tempted to guess the motor is shorted (burned up), but you never know until you check. Do you have an ohmmeter?