Solonoid

Old 04-08-07, 04:05 AM
Solonoid

I recently purchased a new solonoid for my Duetz Allis lawn mower it has a b/s engine. What I was wanting to know does it make a difference in how I install it. Niether the old or new is marked with - or+. It has 4 conectors on it, I know the bigger ones take the positive and negative wires from the batt but did'nt know if it made any difference which one went where.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-07, 05:46 AM
Originally Posted by copperboy View Post
I recently purchased a new solonoid for my Duetz Allis lawn mower it has a b/s engine. What I was wanting to know does it make a difference in how I install it. Niether the old or new is marked with - or+. It has 4 conectors on it, I know the bigger ones take the positive and negative wires from the batt but did'nt know if it made any difference which one went where.
This seems to be equal to one i put on an old wauxhall many years ago, it was no difference between +/-.

dsk

Old 04-08-07, 06:11 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
The two big lugs are for, Positive lead from battery on one lug, and positive lead to the starter.
One small lug should be from the key switch and the other small one to ground. The two big lugs does not really matter which goes to which, however you may have to orient the solenoid so that the two small wires will reach the small lugs that each need to connect. These must connect to the proper terminal.

Search this Thread