Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

John Deere 525 oil change..

04-15-07, 11:06 AM   #1  
John Deere 525 oil change..

I puchased a low time 525 mower and have been looking on the bottom of the unit for 2 days trying to find the oil drain plug. I purchased a new oil filter for it, and located that without much trouble, but the actual case drain plug has me stummped. Does anyone know if there is a web site with a partial brakedown of the components for this mower??

It seems that there is a drain spicket on the RH side Axel drive unit that seemed to let the oil out of the engine. This Mover has 150 hours on it... so there wasn't any oil drainage from any place on the bottom of the mower to give me a clue as to where the drain was.

Hope this helps someone else.

Last edited by flypipercub; 04-15-07 at 03:38 PM.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-15-07, 05:00 PM   #2  
Azis
Hi ya Cuby I got 30 hrs and soloed a cub...wahooo. Fun ran out of it (but not as fast as my money) when I had to fly the 150 and fly traffic

Ne way check this link to find parts breakdown.
http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt
Then under engine and power train-Cylinder head and Crankcase (F525) Reference # 48, AM125138 DRAIN VALVE
Just shows underneath somewhere sorry, but you can see what the valve should look like. Like a T with a knob and a nipple for slippin a hose on prolly.

Search this Thread