Need Electrical Wiring Advice for John Deere LT155

Old 04-15-07, 11:49 AM
Need Electrical Wiring Advice for John Deere LT155

I have replaced the CV15s engine on my mower because of a mishap that caused the original engine to self-destruct. Replacing the engine was no problem until I came to connecting the electrics between the tractor and engine. The connector on the original engine had 4 wires, the replacement has only 2 wires in the same connector. I also notice that the new engine has a rectifier module mounted on the engine connected to one of the 2 wires. This module did not exist on the original engine.

I believe that the original engine fed AC power from the stator through the 2 now unused wires to rectifier diodes within the tractor. In the new engine there are 2 wires coming from within the engine that connect to the rectifier module on the engine.

I don't want to try starting the new motor until I have some assurance that there won't be an electrical problem. Without a detailed wiring diagram I can't be sure. Does anyone have any knowledge of the purpose of the unused wires (blue & brown) on the tractor side of the connector? Am I correct in assuming that the rectifier has simply moved from the tractor side to the engine?

Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-07, 08:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You'll need to find out what the two wires on the engine are connected to. One should be the battery terminal on the rectifier, the other is probably the kill wire on the coil...but then there could also be a wire to the anti-backfire solenoid on the carb if equipped.

If you just have the charge wire and the kill wire, it should be easy to connect. Do you have a voltmeter?