Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Wisconsin Robin, no spark

04-19-07, 01:24 PM   #1  
Wisconsin Robin, no spark

I recently bought a log splitter with and old wisconsin robin engine. Engine ID information has weathered away long ago. I think it is a W1-390 and must be about 10 hp more or less. I removed the flywheel and inside there is only a stator which has one wire running to a external coil. Above the flywheel there is a "trigger" which also has one wire connected to the coil. Other than the high tension lead there is one other wire connected to a kill switch. If I pass a magnet near either the stator or the trigger I get a reading in millivolts on a VOM, so I am guessing the coil is bad. Any comments, including where I might find parts would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-19-07, 02:07 PM   #2  
Azis
Your volt meter is reading current you are producing by cutting the lines of the magnetic field of the flywheel. The coil does the same thing as the magnets pass it.
You made no mention of what, if any problems you are having. I would hope there was a need to remove the flywheel?

Visiting Guest

04-19-07, 05:17 PM   #3  
Azis
If you have a wire going under the flywheel, you have points and is likely a cause for no spark.
I do not have a parts source to recommend, there are parts available but may be limited.

Search this Thread