Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Kohler CV15S will not start

04-19-07, 06:52 PM   #1  
Kohler CV15S will not start

My Yardman with a Kohler engine started a ran a bit and stalled. My son did not change the gas from last year. I changed the fuel, fuel lines, filter and checked the air filter. It still will not start. Do I need to rebuild the carb?

Last edited by JakSuede; 04-19-07 at 06:54 PM. Reason: change title

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-19-07, 10:01 PM   #2  
Check for spark. If you have spark, drop the carburetor bowl and look inside. The float may just be stuck.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

04-21-07, 09:13 AM   #3  
Kohler will not start

What is the best way to check for a spark on this engine?

Visiting Guest

04-21-07, 09:24 AM   #4  
Azis
An easy tester can be made with a set of battery cables and a spare spark plug.
Use only one lead of the battery cable, or similar test lead if you have one, connect one end on the spare plug hex or threaded portion, and the other end to ground on the engine or frame. Plug in the high tension lead and crank the engine while observing for spark.

VA

07-14-08, 02:20 PM   #5  
It may be your Fuel Solenoid is bad. Will it run if you give it a shot of gas or staring fluid? I've had one go bad on both a John Deere and a Craftsman.

To test for bad Solenoid:
Remove the Solenoid from the Carburetor and Replace it with a Bolt the Same Threads and Diameter 1/2 to 3/4' Long. Turn the High-Air-Mixture-Screw In to Seat. **SNUG DO NOT JAM** Then Reverse the High-Air-Mixture-Screw 1 1/2 Turns. Run the Engine and see if this Solenoid is Good.

Hope this helps.

Noel

PA

07-14-08, 07:48 PM   #6  
Start with simple stuff first. Check the inside of the carb to see if the flaot is stuck like Cheese said. Might be able to fix it with a spray of carb cleaner. If that don't work, then check for spark, If you have spark, then you might need to disassemble the carb and clean the individual parts and reassemble.

07-24-08, 06:21 PM   #7  
I am having the same problem with my engine not starting but I checked and do not have a spark. What are the next steps?

Thanks

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-24-08, 11:12 PM   #8  
Start a new thread, post your mower brand, model, and engine info, and we'll go from there.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread