Kohler CV15S will not start

Old 04-19-07, 06:52 PM
Cool Kohler CV15S will not start

My Yardman with a Kohler engine started a ran a bit and stalled. My son did not change the gas from last year. I changed the fuel, fuel lines, filter and checked the air filter. It still will not start. Do I need to rebuild the carb?

Last edited by JakSuede; 04-19-07 at 06:54 PM. Reason: change title
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-07, 10:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Check for spark. If you have spark, drop the carburetor bowl and look inside. The float may just be stuck.

Old 04-21-07, 09:13 AM
Kohler will not start

What is the best way to check for a spark on this engine?

Old 04-21-07, 09:24 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
An easy tester can be made with a set of battery cables and a spare spark plug.
Use only one lead of the battery cable, or similar test lead if you have one, connect one end on the spare plug hex or threaded portion, and the other end to ground on the engine or frame. Plug in the high tension lead and crank the engine while observing for spark.

Old 07-14-08, 02:20 PM
It may be your Fuel Solenoid is bad. Will it run if you give it a shot of gas or staring fluid? I've had one go bad on both a John Deere and a Craftsman.

To test for bad Solenoid:
Remove the Solenoid from the Carburetor and Replace it with a Bolt the Same Threads and Diameter 1/2 to 3/4' Long. Turn the High-Air-Mixture-Screw In to Seat. **SNUG DO NOT JAM** Then Reverse the High-Air-Mixture-Screw 1 1/2 Turns. Run the Engine and see if this Solenoid is Good.

Hope this helps.

Noel

Old 07-14-08, 07:48 PM
Start with simple stuff first. Check the inside of the carb to see if the flaot is stuck like Cheese said. Might be able to fix it with a spray of carb cleaner. If that don't work, then check for spark, If you have spark, then you might need to disassemble the carb and clean the individual parts and reassemble.

Old 07-24-08, 06:21 PM
I am having the same problem with my engine not starting but I checked and do not have a spark. What are the next steps?

Thanks

Old 07-24-08, 11:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Start a new thread, post your mower brand, model, and engine info, and we'll go from there.