Yardman Yard Vacuum

Old 04-24-07, 03:17 PM
Unhappy Yardman Yard Vacuum

Does anyone have any words of advice regarding how to get this machine to start? It seems that I have the Yard Vacuum tuned up at the beginning of lawn season, but the tune-up doesn't last until the next time I want to use it. This is practically a new machine, despite it being about 6 years old. I basically get to use it once a year after it is tuned up. It has a 4.5 Briggs & Stratton Engine. It has a pull start and manual settings.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-07, 08:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The infrequent use is probably the problem. You should run the equipment once a month for about 5-10 minutes or completely drain the unit of gas, including draining and drying the carb if it's not to be used again for a long time. I prefer to run my equipment once a month to keep it in running condition.

Old 04-25-07, 05:18 AM
To answer your question on how to get it started, first drain all the old fuel and start with fresh fuel. Next, try adding a few drops of fuel to the combustion chamber by way of the spark plug hole as this will "prime" the engine, reinstall the spark plug and hopefully this and the fresh fuel will get you back up and running. In addition to what Cheese recommended, be sure to run the fuel with fuel stabilizer year-round. In other words, treat your fuel source so that each time you fuel up you will be treating the engine's fuel system.