Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Toro Carb Problem

MN

04-29-07, 01:43 PM   #1  
Toro Carb Problem

I have a 1999 Toro Personnel Pace lawnmower with 6 hp engine. The model number is 20023. Today after I mowed the first half of my yard it took several pulls to restart (usually it starts on the first pull). Then when I got done mowing I noticed gas leaking out the area where the air filter is attached. Took the air filter off and gas was pouring out the air intake. Any ideas as to what the cause of this is? How would I go about fixing it. Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links

TX

04-29-07, 04:11 PM   #2  
Check your float and inlet needle and seat. Remove the float bowl from your carburetor and take out the float and inlet needle, shake the float if you hear any liquid in it then replace the float. If the float checks out ok then replace the inlet needle and seat.

If you see alot of build up and contamination in the float bowl when you remove it, then it might just be a good idea to remove the carburetor and clean it completely and install a rebuild kit.

MN

04-29-07, 07:32 PM   #3  
Thanks Tech

Will work on after work tomorrow.

Search this Thread