Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

trouble finding part for tecumseh

FL

05-03-07, 12:15 PM   #1  
trouble finding part for tecumseh

Hello everyone and thanks for the help in advance (as usual)
I'm working on a Craftsman mower, engine 143.981002 that has sat up for a while. The carb is soaking as we speak but I am having a little trouble finding an ipl or parts for the carb. It seems the websites I usually look to for Tecumseh parts (hopefully I was correct in figuring out the Craftsman to Tecumseh conversion is a TVM220-1572726) no longer list Tecumseh parts. The sears website only lists the whole carb. I know I need the o-rings that go on the "plastic main jet nozzle thingy" that runs up the center of the carb because not knowing they were there - the carb cleaner pretty much ate them. Anyone have any ideas on a breakdown and parts list for this one?
My old books say the carb part number is 640078A. The number on the carb is 5118F9G.

Sponsored Links

MO

05-03-07, 03:13 PM   #2  
Goto www3.sears and enter the 640078A the next display will be the parts list then select you want to see the diagram. Have a good one. Geo

05-03-07, 06:04 PM   #3  
1. That's why I never soak small engine carbs.

2. The engine model no. should be stamped into the flywheel/engine cover and then you can go directly to the Tec website or your local small engine service centre.

3. Around here, the last place to go for Craftsman parts is Sears.

Search this Thread