Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

help with lawnboy

05-10-07, 07:04 PM   #1  
help with lawnboy

hey i have a 95 lawnboy lawnmower i was given this lawnmower to and the guy said it was sitting for 3 years. so anyway i changed the oil sparkplug and it didnt look like it had any gas in it. when i poured gas into it it would leak out this hose
[IMG]http://i6.************/4lffzoo.jpg[/IMG]
not sure if it is supposed to be dissconnected or not but it was and leaking so then i took apart the carb and let it soak in carb cleaner over night it came out looking very clean. when i tried to turn on the engine it started then shut off. seems like engine is not getting gas looked at the plug and it was dry. so does anyone know how i can fix this or if that hose is supposed to go anywhere it is connected to the carb

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-10-07, 09:20 PM   #2  
It's kinda hard to tell what the hose is connected to. What engine is on it? Is it a 4 stroke? In any case, the fuel should not leak from that hose. It could be a bowl vent. If it leaks from there, the needle and seat are not sealing. If you soaked it in carb cleaner, and has a rubber seat, it will need a new seat.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread