Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

LT-1650 sputtering

MA

05-13-07, 01:19 PM   #1  
LT-1650 sputtering

hello,
I bought a used LT-1650 with 95.5hrs.

It worked fine at first, but when I refilled the gas tank, it would not stay on! It would rev up and down over and over.(much like if you were pressing on a gas pedal, and letting go). sometimes would stay on a while. when I started to mow, it would be worse and eventually stall!

Since the only thing that changed was the gas, I drained the gas I had just put in. I saw a very small piece of plastic int teh gas tank, in the hole where the gas goes into the gas line.
I discarded that (I hope it's not needed) and replaced the gas with gas from another gas station.

I needed to jump it to start it, but it finally started. It is running much better (actually staying on), but it still has a tendency to rev up and down some, even when stopped!

I was actually able to finish mowing the lawn, but what is causing this?

I'm not sure if I should have it serviced! I don't own a truck, so it's kind of a pain to get it to a shop.

I would appreciate any help.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-13-07, 06:00 PM   #2  
Azis
Try loosening the fuel cap. It could be as simple as the cap vent. Otherwise it sounds like something has gotten into the fuel system causing a restriction.

Search this Thread