Riding Lawn Mower

Old 05-14-07, 12:04 PM
Exclamation Riding Lawn Mower

Ford 16 horsepower Kohler LS 46 (similar to TORRO) starts good but stops when the key is released. It keeps running if I pull the connecting wire harness but I can't use the power take off and it won't stop untill the connector is snapped back together. Any suggestions

On another issue -- the engine also surges. It has run well for 10+ years and plugs , oil & filters changed regularly.

Just won't go

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-07, 02:36 PM
Azis
Visiting Guest
I can't access much info with a Ford # LOL sorry, but I would certainly suspect the key switch itself and or connections or connector. It is not much and certainly worth trying unless you have a test light and or meter and any experience with them. If so I am sure others can find or have the info to help you trace it out.
On the surging, usually is caused by a lean condition which could be a fuel restriction or an intake leak. If your carb has adjustments it could be as simple as that.
If you can reply back about replacing the switch and how much you feel comfortable tackling, someone will have an answer.

Old 05-14-07, 05:38 PM
Are you from the States? I've never heard of a Kohler model LS 46 nor TORRO! But the Torro could be a keyboard malfunction, LOL. What do you mean when you say "when the key is released"? To the run position? Or, to the off (kill) position? Is it acutally starting or are you spinning the engine over with the starter and believing the engine is running? Initially, though, without answers, I'd say a safety module issue. I'll say I have little experience with Fords and may not be able to assist you well but by all means post back with answers to my questions.