Lawnboy Silver series 10323

Old 05-14-07, 07:08 PM
Lawnboy Silver series 10323

I have a lawnboy silver series 6.5 horsepwer 2 stroke engine. I had replace the air vane & spring & the motor was running a little higher than usual but not excessively high. I mowed for approximately 20 minutes & the mower died as if it ran out of gas. I checked the fuel & still had about a half of tank. I pressed the primer bulb a few times & went to pull the cord & it pulled back very easily but still retracted. The mower did not fire up like normal however, the blade continued to turn momentarily more than it would if it was not going to start. The engine did not rev. I tried to start it a few more times & the same thing the blade would turn lightly, no sound from the the mower. & if I engaged the self pull lever it would start to move then just quit. If I do not engage the self pull lever the blade will turn continuosly for about 30 seconds & then die out & still no normal sound from the mower.

Rahh

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-07, 07:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Are you saying that the blade will spin for a while, but the engine is not actually running? That makes it sound like you've slung a rod (broken connecting rod aka: blown engine). Probably from running at higher than normal RPM.

Old 05-14-07, 07:28 PM
Yes, that is what I am saying. Is it more feasable to fix it "rebuild or buy another engine?
Rahh

Old 05-14-07, 07:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If that's what is wrong, then it's probably not economical to fix it. You could disassemble it and see how bad the damage is, and if it only needs a rod, repair it. Chances are it needs a rod, piston, cylinder, rings, etc.... and not worth doing.

Make sure this is the problem though, before you designate this mower to the curbside. Pull the spark plug. Put a pencil in the plug hole as far as it will go until it hits the piston. Slowly turn the engine and see if the pencil gets pushed out with movement of the piston. If so, the rod is intact. If not, it's broken.

Old 05-16-07, 03:07 PM
Question

You were right, it is toast. Could you guide me towards a replace motor that will still let me use the self pulling feature on this mower. The belt is located on top of the deck. I would prefer a 4 stroke but would purchase another duraforce if feasable. The model is 10323 silver series pro.
Thank You,
Rahh