Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

bent deck mount on Craftsman Lawn Tractor

05-19-07, 01:23 PM   #1  
bent deck mount on Craftsman Lawn Tractor

As I was leveling the mower deck, I found that one of the front links was missing, and the metal plate it attatches to is bent, about 45 degees toward the center of the frame. I am not sure how to go about fixing this. Its about 1/8 inch steel.....(and I'm not even sure how or when it got damaged!) This is a 19.5 horsepower 42" model 917271821. I have ordered the link and associated parts, but how do I straighten the mount? Or do I need to disassemble the whole thing and put a new one on? It seems to be part of the frame.

Sponsored Links

05-19-07, 02:21 PM   #2  
oh, never mind...

AS I got to looking at it further, I was able to disassemble that that part, now I can take it to someone to have it straightened.

NY

05-20-07, 07:21 AM   #3  
Jee, wish we could help but it seems you're in control. Good job and good luck. If the cost to replace the part is relatively inexpensive, you may opt to replace it rather than repair it as straightening may not always yield the best results.

Search this Thread