Craftsman Tiller Manual Needed

Old 05-20-07, 11:41 PM
Craftsman Tiller Manual Needed

I just bought a Craftsman tiller at a yard sale and I need a manual. I searched the forums and it appears they are almost impossible to find. I looked at the Sears site and my tiller's manual is no longer available. Surely someone somewhere has the manual.

Tiller specs:
10"/32.8 cc
Unit Model: 536.297023
Engine Model: 200.654001

ListerMint

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-07, 01:58 AM
This is a Murray Company product made for Sears. Murray is now owned by engine manufacturer Briggs & Stratton but Briggs has very little support for Murray products. Stay tuned for someone that may lead you in the right direction but you may want to check the Briggs & Stratton website for possible information as well.

Old 05-21-07, 04:48 AM
I am unable to find anything at Murray or B&G because I don't have their nomenclature. The only number that is not Sears is a model number of the Spark Arrestor. That is a Tecumseh model number, 390301A.

B&G has a list of older manuals available, but you need the B&G nomenclature.

I going to call Sears today and go around in circles with them for a while.

Hopefully, someone on this forum will rescue me.

Old 05-22-07, 08:29 PM
Correction: I mis-typed the engine model number in my original post. It should have read 200.651001.

Old 05-23-07, 02:15 AM
This is a Power Products (Tecumseh) two-stroke engine and you would be able to obtain parts and a general (but thorough) service manual at any local Tecumseh dealer in your area. Unless the muffler is rusted, you wouldn't need the arrestor screen. Unless you are going to till in US Forests, where it is a law to have a spark arrestor screen installed.