Craftsman Weedwacker


Old 05-22-07, 10:43 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Craftsman Weedwacker

I have a Craftsman ( Paramount/Poulan) 21cc weedwacker Model # 358.799110 that needs two new springs that control the nylon flippers on the flywheel. Sears can only sell me the whole flywheel assembly for about $32 with shipping. I just need two little springs! Does anyone know where I might locate them?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-07, 11:19 AM
hexonx's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 120 klicks from NYC
Posts: 91
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb hardware store parts True Value...


You might be able to find a hardware store that is individually owned and operated. They could size up the springs that you are looking for.
Old 05-22-07, 01:55 PM
repair_guy's Avatar
New Member
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Marion,Al.
Posts: 539
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The two nylon flippers are called starter pawls.And short of buying a new flywheel or two new starter pawls,thats the only way (to my Knowledge) that you're going to get them.I dont think that Poulan sales just the springs.

Make sure that the starter pawls themselfs isn't worn.They are suppposed to be somewhat pointy on the ends.And the starter pulley might worn out too.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: