New 46" Husqvarna cutting uneven HELP!!

Old 05-24-07, 06:05 PM
Unhappy New 46" Husqvarna cutting uneven HELP!!

Just got my first rider and am not real happy. My property has some uneven terrain and an embankment on one side. I seem to be getting the uneven cuts in these areas. Have used a neighbors multi thousand dollar Kubota and never had this issue. His deck however rode on wheels which I figure must keep this from happening. Mine is the standard floating deck with 2 anti scalp wheels.

Is this the nature of the beast or is it because it's a 46" deck with 2 intsead of 4 anti-scalp wheels? I've checked the blade adjustments and they are perfectly level, side to side. Front to back blades are 1/4 inch lower in front which the manual calls for. Mower is YTH20k46

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-07, 08:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Nature of the beast is what I suspect. 2 more wheels on the deck should help though. I also suspect that the Kubota was probably set to mow a bit higher. The kubota probably also has a larger footprint/wheelbase and more elaborate deck setup to lessen the effects of uneven terrain.

I happen to use a Kubota on my yard, and I also have a 44" craftsman that is made by the same folks who made your husquvarna. The craftsman does a better looking job than the kubota, but my yard is pretty level. I use the kubota most though, because it's way faster (60 inch front deck).

Search this Thread