Fuel Inlet on Tecumseh Carb.

Old 05-25-07, 08:08 PM
Red face Fuel Inlet on Tecumseh Carb.

I have a 3.5 hp tecumseh carb bowl type,that has a crack fuel inlet,I need to replace the inlet,how do you remove it and install without cracking the new one,this is off a push mower,it's late unable to see the model #,it's a plastic fuel inlet.

Thanks
Jerry

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-07, 12:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I usually pry the old one off, and pry the new plastic piece off the new fitting and pop it onto the old fitting. The metal part is actually pressed into the carb body, but it doesn't seem to come out easily, and the new one doesn't like to go in easily either. Many times the new one gets destroyed while trying to install it.

Old 05-26-07, 04:15 PM
Smile

Thanks cheese for your reply.

Old 05-27-07, 01:54 PM
We've had much success with using a 23/64" drill bit and first removing the original plastic fitting and then drilling out the original metal portion of the fitting. You must attack it straight and have a good feel for the depth you're at and know when to quit but generally you can feel a difference and notice a speed change in the drill. A new Tecumseh fitting can then be installed using red Loctite and being sure you position the new fitting in the same clock position as the original fitting. So, be sure to note the position of the original before removing it.