Need help with ID on Older Tecumseh

Old 05-28-07, 08:58 PM
Question Need help with ID on Older Tecumseh

I was given an older Miller Welder with a Tecumseh 16 hp, single cylinder, cast iron block, horizontal shaft engine with 12 volt electric start. The engine is not in running condition at this time, as the carburetor was totally clogged with varnish, as well as the fuel filter bowl and other parts. I am having a hard time figuring out what model engine it is, so that I can replace the carb. I got the carb clean, but in the process, dissolved all the gaskets inside the thing, and can't find a kit to rebuild it with, besides I don't know for sure that I actually got ALL the varnish out. If anyone can help me to know where the ID numbers are on this unit I would be greatly appreciative. I found an engine on eBay, listed with the same hp rating, and which LOOKS identical to the one I have, here is the link, just copy and paste and it will take you right to it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300114179650&rd=1&rd=1

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-07, 02:02 AM
I'd be surprised if you couldn't find the model, specification and serial numbers on this engine so have a closer look. They are most likely stamped in the the blower shroud and you may have to use some emery cloth to expose them. If not, then look on the carburetor and look for the carb manufacturers numbers and post back. It may be a Walbro or a Tecumseh but either way there should be ID numbers on the carb.