Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Engine gun fire Noise and Smoke

05-29-07, 01:13 PM   #1  
Engine gun fire Noise and Smoke

I have a Craftman Lawn Tractor Model # 917.256510 with Briggs & Stratton engine Model # 28N707 I/C Gold 15.5HP OHV. It was running fine but after i left the tractor outside for one week with a few rains, It now has alot of black smoke and sometime MAKE NOISE LIKE GUN FIRE OUT OF THE MUFFLER after i start the engine and engage the blade. Some one told me that there may be some water in my fuel and the carburator so i need emty the fuel tank and let it run out of gas. After I change the spark plug, fuel filter and let my engine run until it out of gas but there're still alot of smoke and the gun fire noise still happen. I'm a handy man, If any one know what happen to the engine please let me know. I already check the oil, air filter and it's still in a good condition

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-30-07, 01:59 AM   #2  
Does the oil smell like gas? Did the air filter get wet?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

05-30-07, 08:33 AM   #3  
the oil doesn't smell like gas and the air filter is clean. I already change the spark plug, fuel filter.

Search this Thread