Mulching blades

Old 05-30-07, 04:23 PM
Question Mulching blades

I have a question dealing with mulching blades. I have a 36" Bunton. It has two mulching blades that are mulching but I am getting a buildup of clippings at the chute. Do I need to build a better mulch chute or do I have to put a partition between the two blades and build a better mulch chute ?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-07, 05:52 PM
Group Moderator
Chute? Normally you do not want clippings leaving via a chute if you're mulching because the whole point of the blades is they create airflow that causes the clippings to be cut, cut and recut until very small. That can't happen if the clippings are exiting through a chute.

Old 05-31-07, 02:18 AM
First, my opinion on mulching with a multi-blade deck is that it doesn't work very well, especially a commercial WAWB, like you have. But if you insist on mulching, the discharge opening must be blocked off and I would recommend using "Gator" type blades.

Old 05-31-07, 05:58 AM
Mulching Blades

Chute ? The chute is blocked off. I had to build a chute block for the Bunton. The buildup of clippings is where the chute opening is located. I thought maybe since the second blade is discharging through the first blades opening it might also need to be blocked off. And also the chute block isn't doing the job it's suppose to. I also have the correct mulching blades supposedly for this model. But what do you think if I was put two blades together in the shape of an x. Do you think this might work also ?

Old 05-31-07, 05:48 PM
As I said in my previous post, these mowers do not make very good mulchers. Period. Forget the idea of mulching and simply discharge the cut.

Old 05-31-07, 05:56 PM
Wink Mulching blades

puey61,

That is not an option. In my search on mulching was an answer that could work.

Old 05-31-07, 06:04 PM
Do share, please. If someone else, including me, can benefit, we'd be greatful. Perhaps a weblink?

Old 06-01-07, 11:03 AM
Lightbulb Mulching blades

puey61,

Look for moderator cheese 12/23/06 from vett82ce 12/23/06.