Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

snapper 212cst weed eater

06-02-07, 12:11 PM   #1  
snapper 212cst weed eater

What is the coil airgap setting for the snapper 212cst? Problem is that I get no fire from the plug and when I check the output from the coil wire, I get about 0.5 volts. It is getting fuel, not flooding and the fuel is good. I have bypassed the switch to take that out of the equation. Any other ideas appreciated. If the coil is bad, where might I get one without breaking the bank?
Thanks.
Danny

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-02-07, 10:52 PM   #2  
You won't be able to check voltage from the coil wire unless maybe you're using an ocilliscope. If you have the kill wire disconnected, the airgap set properly, and a good plug, and still no spark, then the coil is bad. I don't know the factory reccomended setting for the coil air gap, but I would set it at .012".

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

06-03-07, 01:20 PM   #3  
Thanks Cheese. When I tore it down to check things, I set the airgap at .010. Is that too close or will .002 make a difference? Are there other coils that will fit this application? I'm also looking for a coil for a McCullough Mini Mac Eager Beaver Chain saw.
Danny

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-04-07, 11:08 PM   #4  
It should be working. Did you check spark with the kill wire unplugged from the coil? If so, and you have no spark, the coil is bad. I'd suggest checking ebay for the MacCullough coils.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread