snapper 212cst weed eater

Old 06-02-07, 12:11 PM
Cool snapper 212cst weed eater

What is the coil airgap setting for the snapper 212cst? Problem is that I get no fire from the plug and when I check the output from the coil wire, I get about 0.5 volts. It is getting fuel, not flooding and the fuel is good. I have bypassed the switch to take that out of the equation. Any other ideas appreciated. If the coil is bad, where might I get one without breaking the bank?
Thanks.
Danny

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-07, 10:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You won't be able to check voltage from the coil wire unless maybe you're using an ocilliscope. If you have the kill wire disconnected, the airgap set properly, and a good plug, and still no spark, then the coil is bad. I don't know the factory reccomended setting for the coil air gap, but I would set it at .012".

Old 06-03-07, 01:20 PM
Cool

Thanks Cheese. When I tore it down to check things, I set the airgap at .010. Is that too close or will .002 make a difference? Are there other coils that will fit this application? I'm also looking for a coil for a McCullough Mini Mac Eager Beaver Chain saw.
Danny

Old 06-04-07, 11:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It should be working. Did you check spark with the kill wire unplugged from the coil? If so, and you have no spark, the coil is bad. I'd suggest checking ebay for the MacCullough coils.