Craftsman B&S 6.5 Lawn Mower

Old 06-02-07, 04:10 PM
Cool Craftsman B&S 6.5 Lawn Mower

I have a Craftsman 6.5 horse Lawn mower, with a B&S motor. I bought it new and its about 3 years old. It mowed great last year with no problems. This year, It runs for about 2-4 minutes before acting like it is flooded. I noticed it was flooding the air filter and gas was coming out the primer bulb. I tore into the carb to see if anything was stuck in it, but couldn't see anything. The float seems to be working fine. I changed the air filter after it was flooded. I don't think the spring on the carb is stretched. It is just getting very annoying trying to mow the lawn, only getting a little done at a time before I have to wait for the "flooding" to subside. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this problem, please let me know. It doesn't have any problems starting, and I just sharpened the blades, so it isn't bogging down in the grass. My husband is at a loss with it too. Please help! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-07, 04:32 PM
You have a carburetor related issue and rather than trying to pinpoint any one issue, I recommend reconditioning the carburetor with a Briggs rebuild kit. If you post back with the model, type and code numbers, I can provide you with the part number(s) you'll likely need.