Craftsman B&S 15hp I/C riding mower

Old 06-07-07, 11:08 AM
Unhappy Craftsman B&S 15hp I/C riding mower

I'm wondering if someone can help me before my husband gets home and finds out I broke something else. I was trying to surprise him and mow the lawn. I checked the oil and the gas...all okay. But I forgot to put the oil cap all the way back on. Halfway into mowing, it started to smoke because of the oil coming out the top (not much, but enough to make gray/blue smoke). I quickly cut the engine when I remembered what the problem way. HOWEVER, in my mode of panic, I did NOT disengage the blade. Now the dang thing won't turn over. Turning the key does nothing. I cannot get the blade disengaged. I know I have done this once before a year or two ago and it was a simple fix...but I don't remember what we did. I'm trying to help him out as much as possible since he is a bit overwhelmed with the house repairs right now...but I'm afraid I might have just added an extra job to his honey-do-list. Any help that anyone can provide asap would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-07, 04:35 PM
You should simply need to disengage the blade engagement lever (or switch, if electric PTO). Are you sure this and the brake pedal are in neutral (pedal depressed)? Or, on some models, you may need to have the shifter in neutral as well.

Old 06-07-07, 07:11 PM
Thumbs up Fixed...

Turns out that it has been getting stuck alot lately....walking the mower around until it shakes itself back into disengaged apparently works....my husband also said WD40 works. Thanks for the help though.

Old 06-08-07, 02:11 AM
Fantastic! Glad we could help. Bookmark us so you can find us quickly should you need us again.