Yardman s/p mower bogs down

Old 06-10-07, 09:02 PM
Yardman s/p mower bogs down

I have a Yardman mower that was given to me with gas pouring out of prime bubble. I eventually replaced the carburetor and everything runs fine. The only problem I have is that the mower bogs down no matter what height I mow at. It also does this in grass I can tell is fairly thick as well as grass that is much thinner, but same height. I did take off the air filter for a quick mowing of my small backyard, and it still does it, so I know it is not a clogged filter. Can anyone give me any advice?

Thank you!!

Ronnie

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-07, 10:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like the throttle linkage didn't get connected properly when the carb was swapped.

Old 06-11-07, 06:47 PM
Thank you. I will give this a try. Any secrets to setting that up correctly. I remember it not having much tension on there.

Last edited by texan818; 06-11-07 at 06:49 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-11-07, 07:07 PM
We would need to know what make engine you have to help you out as well as the specific ID numbers off such engine.

Old 06-12-07, 08:51 AM
The model is a 110602-0131-e1 98030456. Its a 6.5 hp b&s engine. It is a primer bulb.

I am in the Dallas area. We have had a ton of rain the last 5 or 6 weeks. I asked my neighbor last night if he was having issues as well. He has a brand new 6.75hp scotts mower. He mows just as much as I do (twice a week) and he said his is bogging down from the thick grass. So I think we are just not used to that since we have been in a drought the last 5 years or so, and our grass is actually healthy!!!

Thanks for your help!!!

Old 06-19-07, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by puey61 View Post
We would need to know what make engine you have to help you out as well as the specific ID numbers off such engine.

Just curious if you may be able to help me with the throttle linkage. Thanks so much.

Ronnie

Old 06-24-07, 11:00 AM
Do you know or can you estimate the engine RPM's at full throttle, if it has a throttle control? If no throttle control then it will be a fixed throttle but in either case can you guess the RPM's knowing that, on average, the typical walk behind mower runs anywhere from 3200-3600 RPM's? Do you have another mower to compare this one to, sound wise? Perhaps you simply have an engine that is not running at proper RPM's and you could then adjust the throttle control, if equipped with such or, if not, then tweak the governor spring mount point arm. Let us know on the sound (RPM's) and whether it has a throttle control or not.