Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Lawnmower will start not idle

06-11-07, 01:51 PM   #1  
Lawnmower will start not idle

This weekend I encountered a problem with my riding lawnmower. I was cutting the grass and ran over a branch. The belt that enables the mower to go forward and reverse came off of the pulley. I put the belt back on (I have had to do that in the past). I started the engine with no problem, when I released my foot from the brake so the engine could idle, the engine immediately cut off. I tried this several times and the engine all ways cuts off. The engine will run as long as my foot is pressing the brake, the minute that I let off the brake, it cuts off. Any ideas as to why this is happening and what I can do to fix it.

The lawnmower is a weedeater and the engine is a Tecumseh OVH13.0. I believe the serial number is WTPXS.3582AA

Thanks

Last edited by chanesworth; 06-11-07 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Forgot info

Sponsored Links

NY

06-11-07, 06:49 PM   #2  
The "WTP**" number is not the serial number, it is only a statement of government emissions compliance. It would be helpful if we had the ID numbers of both the chassis and engine but it appears you have a problem with the seat switch. If the switch is only a two terminal device then simply unplug it to determine if this is the trouble. If it is a four terminal switch, then post back with the ID numbers and we'll continue.

06-12-07, 03:54 PM   #3  
The seat switch was the problem. It was loose. Thank you very much.

NY

06-12-07, 05:11 PM   #4  
You're welcome and bookmark us in case of future problems.

Search this Thread