Lawnmower will start not idle

Old 06-11-07, 01:51 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lawnmower will start not idle

This weekend I encountered a problem with my riding lawnmower. I was cutting the grass and ran over a branch. The belt that enables the mower to go forward and reverse came off of the pulley. I put the belt back on (I have had to do that in the past). I started the engine with no problem, when I released my foot from the brake so the engine could idle, the engine immediately cut off. I tried this several times and the engine all ways cuts off. The engine will run as long as my foot is pressing the brake, the minute that I let off the brake, it cuts off. Any ideas as to why this is happening and what I can do to fix it.

The lawnmower is a weedeater and the engine is a Tecumseh OVH13.0. I believe the serial number is WTPXS.3582AA

Thanks

Last edited by chanesworth; 06-11-07 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Forgot info
Old 06-11-07, 06:49 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
The "WTP**" number is not the serial number, it is only a statement of government emissions compliance. It would be helpful if we had the ID numbers of both the chassis and engine but it appears you have a problem with the seat switch. If the switch is only a two terminal device then simply unplug it to determine if this is the trouble. If it is a four terminal switch, then post back with the ID numbers and we'll continue.

Old 06-12-07, 03:54 PM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The seat switch was the problem. It was loose. Thank you very much.

Old 06-12-07, 05:11 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You're welcome and bookmark us in case of future problems.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: