Honda Harmony II stopped moving

Old 06-12-07, 07:31 PM
Honda Harmony II stopped moving

Hello - I have a Honda Harmony II, HR216. I believe it is a GCV160. It recently stopped moving. It still cuts the grass, but won't go forward.

I read that it may be the v-belt and I did one test today. After starting it,I picked up the back wheels and they began to spin.

My question is if replacing the v-belt sounds like the first thing I should be checking? Or is there something else that I should check first.

Thank you

Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-07, 12:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, it's probably the belt slipping, however, there is probably an adjustment at the end of the cable on the handlebar that can be adjusted to tighten this cable. Check it out, and you may be able to adjust it far enough to get it working again.

Old 06-13-07, 06:09 AM
You might also be missing the keys in between the hubs and axle. (if your tractor uses them)

Old 06-15-07, 05:47 AM
How to replace the v-belt in a Honda Harmony

Thank you for the replies. I purchased the v-belt yesterday ($5 for a belt is much better than $150 to take it into the shop), turned the mower over and didn't know exactly how to tackle the project.

I removed the blade, but after that, I'm not sure what parts to remove to get to the belt. Then, once I have access, do I just stretch it over the pulleys, or do I loosen one, put the belt around and then slide it back over to tighten it?

If anyone can point me to these instructions online, or provide a quick summary, I would appreciate it.

thanks again for the help

Mike

Old 04-27-08, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by buns1525 View Post
Hello - I have a Honda Harmony II, HR216. I believe it is a GCV160. It recently stopped moving. It still cuts the grass, but won't go forward.

I read that it may be the v-belt and I did one test today. After starting it,I picked up the back wheels and they began to spin.

My question is if replacing the v-belt sounds like the first thing I should be checking? Or is there something else that I should check first.

Thank you

Mike
My problem exactly any update or comments on this thread?
Thanks veryh much

Old 05-16-08, 12:45 PM
Having the same problem. Anybody got an instructions, insights?

Old 05-17-08, 01:31 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I believe there is an adjustment under the control for the self-propell on that mower, correct? 10mm nuts on the control cable to adjust it's position in the housing?

Search this Thread