Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Snapper String Trimmer

06-13-07, 10:25 AM   #1  
Snapper String Trimmer

Hello,

I am new here but glad I found the site. I am having a problem with my trimmer.

The trimmer is a Snapper S931 model. The primer bulb is completely shot. I went to a local snapper dealer and was told that Snapper does not make trimmers. There were some years ago that were made by Poulan and this dealer does not have nor can he get parts for this.

My questions are:

1) Are all primer bulbs interchangeable?

2) Can I disconnect the primer bulb? I realize it will take longer to start but this may be my only option if I cannot locate a primer bulb.

Thanks for the reply

Sponsored Links

NY

06-13-07, 11:57 AM   #2  
Is the primer bulb mounted directly to the carburetor or remotely? What brand carburetor does it have (Walbro, Tillotson, Zama, etc.)? Do you have the ability to post a link to a photo of the trimmer, in whole and up close as well as the primer bulb setup? Do you have any chainsaw service shops in your area?

06-13-07, 04:44 PM   #3  
I also have a Snapper trimmer and my local Ace Hardware usually has, or can order, what I need. There are different bulbs and I would recommend taking the trimmer with you when you search for one.

Search this Thread