Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Snapper line trimmer 31SNG

06-13-07, 04:49 PM   #1  
Snapper line trimmer 31SNG

I've been fighting with this trimmer for the past 2 months and I think that the problem is carb related, but I don't know how to make the final adjustments. What happens is that I can get it started and it will run for a few minutes, but when it is placed under even a moderately heavy load it will bog down and quit. It may restart a few times, but eventually it will not start at all unless I let it sit for a few minutes. I have replaced the bulb and both fuel lines, but I'm not at all sure of the the settings on the 3 screws which control fuel/air flow to the carb.

Does anyone have an idea how to relieve my frustrations? Last year I put it in the local shop for a tune-up, but it's never run right since. I probably would have been better off buying a new trimmer, but my stubborness dictates that I try to solve this problem myself!

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links

TX

06-13-07, 06:29 PM   #2  
You might check the spark arrestor screen and or exhaust ports. A restricted exhaust can cause a similar problem.

Search this Thread