Idler Pulley craftsman/murray

Old 06-15-07, 10:01 PM
Question Idler Pulley craftsman/murray

I have a craftsman 502.270210 I am in the process of replacing a belt and the idler pulley (pt #420613MA or 91178) just above the mower deck. I wanted to get this done over the weekend and sears does not have the idler pulley in stock and will have to order it I did get the belt though. My question is can this idler pulley be cross referenced with one from somewhere like auto zone, NAPA or somewhere or does it have to be a specific lawn mower pulley? Thanks in advance!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-07, 10:11 PM
You may be able to find it at an auto parts store, just take your old one with you. That way you can match up height, diameter, etc. You would probably have better luck at NAPA than autozone. If not, try a farm type store like Tractor Supply... they have them in their seasonal lawn and garden section, as well as near their electric motors.

Old 06-16-07, 02:26 AM
Your mower is a product manufactured by Murray for Sears and if you have a Briggs & Stratton or a Murray dealer/shop in your area, they will likely have it on hand, as well as any other parts you may need.

Old 06-16-07, 10:05 AM
Thumbs up Thanks so much!

I Went to Lowes this morning.... nothing.... then I hit the auto stores... got one perfect match... metal not plastic :-) but 24.00 ugh! Well he informed me there is a lawnmower shop just outside of the town I live in HAHAHA I never go out that way so had no clue it was there... so I bought the one but decided to go out there and see if he had one and yes in deed he did for 12.00 so a I have the lawnmower put back together just have to fi the brake rod which was the first problem I discovered as it was just flapping around not attached to anything. Cross you fingers in about 30 minutes I am going to crank it up and pray is moves!!! I will let you know. :-) again thanks for all the help I have been telling everyone about this site it is to good to believe! Love all of you!!!