LT1000 Craftsman Trany Problems

Old 06-18-07, 09:24 AM
Question LT1000 Craftsman Trany Problems

Hey,
Could anyone explain to me why my lawnmower has this problem. If you shift the gear to sixth from a stand still then it will just sit there and you can hear like a grinding or slipping noise. Then when it finally catches it will jsut about throw you off. The other gears will engage fine but while moving it will jerk as if I had step and let go of the clutch/brake. this only occurs going up hill. It doesn't have to be steep. I have checked the belt and keys on the axel. The transmission is on my table open. None of the gears are stripped. The only thing that I can see is the plate that moves when you shift has these little indition or holes and only two of them have what look like steel bebbies on them. Is there supposed to be more?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-07, 02:30 PM
Most likely it's the shift keys that have wear or may be broken. These are little keys that slide along the shaft and engage the various gears to change speeds. If you post the model number off of your mower we could all see what type of transmission you have and perhaps give you more details or other ideas of what to look for.