Craftsman Riding lawn Mower

Old 06-21-07, 11:51 AM
Craftsman Riding lawn Mower

I have a craftsman riding mower, about 2 years old. Was mowing one day and the engine sounded like it bogged down and then it died. Looked and nothing is tangled under it. Now it won't turn over at all. I thought maybe bad battery, but the battery is good. There is no power getting to the mower evidently because the lights will not turn on either. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-07, 11:54 AM
How did you determine the battery is good? I would check the connection at the battery terminals, grounds, etc as well. Post some model numbers so folks can look up what you have to better assist.

Old 06-21-07, 12:02 PM
craftsman riding mower

we took the battery off the mower and charged it. Tried it again but it didn't work, so we put it in a friends mower and it ran. All the friends mower needed was a new battery. That is why I assumed the battery was fine.

The model number is 917273811. We also unhooked the spark plug and turned the blades, the blades turned by hand. But it still won't start.

Old 06-21-07, 12:19 PM
I don't do this every day but it appears your headlights are not connected directly to the battery so that means nothing.
I would then check the fuse between the key switch and the solenoid, then check for current to the starter when you turn the key. Does it make any sounds when you turn the key or just act like a giant paperweight?

Old 06-21-07, 12:25 PM
I will check the fuse and the current and reply later. I can tell you that when we try to turn the key....... it's silence........ no grinding of the starter.... no clicking........ nothing. It's basically like there is no power at all going to the thing. It was running fine........ the poof! Nada...

Search this Thread