Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

How do you get the fuel feed hose out of the Case of a Husqv

06-23-07, 09:48 AM   #1  
How do you get the fuel feed hose out of the Case of a Husqv

I need to replace the fuel feed hose and attached filter on my old Husky.
Does any one have an easy method? I have no idea where to start with this.

Ian

Sponsored Links

AL

06-23-07, 10:32 AM   #2  
Without knowing what kind of saw it is all I can tell you is on most saws you take the fuel line off of the carburetor,reach into the fuel tank and pull it out.But your line my be formed or something so.......what is the model # and year of your Husky??That little bit of info may help us help you.

06-23-07, 11:15 AM   #3  
husky fuel hose

The machins is a husky 61 sn 6408867 I would guess its early 60's vintage.
It runs well from an external tank so I am assuming a puncture in the fuel feed.

Ian

AL

06-23-07, 06:30 PM   #4  
I've done forgoten the way that a husky 61 looks and I can't find a brake down of it.But I think that a 61 is kinda like a 55.In which on the left side of the carburetor (as the bar & chain is facing away from you) there is a nipple that the fuel line fits on.Pull it off.Then it runs under the carb and through a grammet into the right half of the fuel tank.Push the line through this grommet,open the fuel cap and pull the line out.Install the same way but make sure you leave enought line for the fuel filter to reach the bottom of the fuel tank at all times.

HOPE THAT HELPS

06-25-07, 11:35 AM   #5  
fuel feed husky

That sounds right and is the usual approach however this one did not move when pulled. Thats why the question. I will force it and hope for the best.

Thanks
Ian

NY

06-25-07, 07:05 PM   #6  
If I recall correctly, the fuel line is a special, integrated, grommeted fuel line whereas the point at which it enters the tank from the carburetor area is larger in diameter so as to provide a seal. Does the fuel line, in fact, enter the tank basically just below the carburetor through a hole, perhaps, 3/16" diameter? If so, this will be rather stubborn and a good tug should giterout. Be prepared to replace this special line as you will likely ruin it to get it out.

06-26-07, 05:22 AM   #7  
fuel feed husky

Ouch! Ok that would make for a failure. The hole or suspected hole is probably just inside the case at the Carb side. So to yank the hose out from the carb side could be a problem. Its already going to be rough trying to put it back in.
Oh well such is life:-) Now I am having problems finding a replacement hose.
The only ones I can find are generic Husky fule line. None specific to this machine.

If anyone knows of a supplier please let me know or perhaps email me directly

Thanks
Ian

NY

06-27-07, 03:23 AM   #8  
Ideally, you would like to consult a local chainsaw shop that handles Husqvarna saws. Did you look in your yellow pages for such? Do you have any saw shops, period, in your area at least, if not a Husqvarna shop? The oldest model 61 I have access to lookup is a 1980 model year and that one does have a special fuel line. You need to find a dealer with old school lookup cababilities.

Search this Thread