Craftsman Eager-1 5.3HP

Old 06-24-07, 01:08 PM
Craftsman Eager-1 5.3HP

I got a this push mower from my uncle. It has carb problems and wouldn't start, but otherwise the mower looks good. I thought, no problem I'll get a rebuild kit and have it running. Does anyone know what the correct carb kit to buy is for this model? I know the engine is a Tecumseh, but I don't know which model. The only # I found on the engine was: 143 434332 SER 3069B. This number is a Sears number. Sears wants me to buy a whole new carb, they don't sell rebuild kits. My local parts store can't identify the engine with the Sears number. I am stuck.

BTW... The carb was full of rust and white residue, neither of which clean up well with carb cleaner. Any tips? The needle was stuck. I will need a new needle, seat, bowl seal.

Thanks, JT

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-07, 02:36 PM
Even if the Sears store didn't see the carburetor and the condition of it, they may be on the right track. Rust and white residue indicates extended exposure to moisture and most likely a irrepairable carburetor. FYI, if you want to have a go at rebuilding it anyhow, the rebuild kit is Tecumseh part number 632760B but you will likely also need: 632694A, primer bulb; 632682, main jet/bowl nut; and, 632527, fuel inlet fitting, as well as a good bath type cleaner (I like Napa's # 6402 and a good spray cleaner (I like Briggs & Stratton's # 100042 and compressed air. And, if you decide to replace the carburetor (which I think you should) then this is part number 632795.

Old 06-25-07, 05:19 PM
Thanks

Thanks Puey61.

I was able to get that kit at my local parts shop. I was working on putting it together and found some holes in the float bowl that look like the aluminum was eaten away. So I have some JB weld curing over the holes now. The new needle and seat look good and should work if the bowl doesn't leak. JB weld has worked miracles for me in the past. Hope it works again...

Even if it doesn't last forever, it would be nice to get the mower to run just to know whether or not the effort and maybe the cost of a new carb is worth it. I will post my results.

Old 06-27-07, 05:12 PM
Success!

Thanks again Puey61!

The carb rebuild kit and JB weld did the trick. I put the carb back on, after searching for the lost throttle linkage (my wife found it in the grass... bless her heart). Then it fired up on the third pull. It ran a little rough for about 5 minutes, but then it ran strong for a good 1/2 hour.

In the end I got what I needed, a decent push mower for under $20 (and a little TLC).

Keep up the good work.

Old 06-27-07, 06:00 PM
Congratulations, good work! Your wife must have also found the needle in the hay stack, hehehe. She must be bionic. Good luck and be sure to bookmark us so we're only a click away.