Who Makes the Craftsman String Trimmers

Old 07-03-07, 10:11 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Who Makes the Craftsman String Trimmers

A mower repair guy told me that Homelite makes the two stroke motors for most of the Sears Craftsman trimmers as well as a bunch of trimmers sold at Home Depot, is that true or is it just talk?????

Old 07-03-07, 10:24 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I believe that is correct... I could be wrong.. but my memory seems to go that direction....

Old 07-03-07, 11:43 AM
Poulan makes trimmers and saws for them as well

Old 07-03-07, 12:41 PM
It all depends upon the model of the trimmer, many manufactures produce equipment for Sears. I am not sure if Homelite makes any of the current products or not. You can find out most of the time by tracking down the first three numbers of the model number, this generally will tell you who made the unit.

Old 07-04-07, 10:35 AM
Most of the Craftsman trimmers that are comming into the shop have been made by American Yard Products Div. of Electrolux which makes Poulan, Husqvarna, Weedeater, etc. There is a new model that is made in China.

Old 07-07-07, 11:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
I don't recall seeing any craftsman trimmers that were made by homelite. In fact, I don't recall much of anything being made by homelite other than their own brand equipment.

Old 05-14-10, 10:07 PM
T
Originally Posted by 30yearTech
It all depends upon the model of the trimmer, many manufactures produce equipment for Sears. I am not sure if Homelite makes any of the current products or not. You can find out most of the time by tracking down the first three numbers of the model number, this generally will tell you who made the unit.
I know this is an old thread, but here are my 2 cents, I have a very old Craftsman trimmer with the spark plug facing UP, upside down. After I bought that one a few weeks after I bought a Weed Eater green color and it was the same trimmer, then business grew and bought a chain saw, Poulan PRO 221, my neighbor has the exact same one but his is not yellow and says craftsman, I also have a vac/blower green color weed eater brand and I saw at Sears the same one but black with Craftsman logo on it, LOL I am looking for the next new thing and found out that new propane gas trimmer from Craftsman it is also made by another brand.

Echo is the new toy I am buying because all the trimmers I own are old and weak, just an idea the newest trimmer I bought it was on 2002, so it has more then 50 hours of use using it every day from Tuesday to Saturday.
Some friends told me it is very strong and reliable, and that has 2 piston rings instead of one..................

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: