Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

6.5 hp crank shaft?

07-04-07, 11:50 AM   #1  
6.5 hp crank shaft?

Hey All, I bought a 2500 Watt generator on Ebay last year. Well when I get around to using it it lasted an hour and a half. the thing quit making power. I decide to use the engine for some thing else because the warranty period is long gone. Well I tear the thing apart and found the crankshaft had sheared off at the engine seal. Witch is what ripped the generator part up.
So What I'm looking for is a new crankshaft but I have no idea where to find one, I think the engine is a Honda clone and the only info I can find is what is printed in the cover?
Can anyone tell me who has the parts with the pics I have?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/pipe539/DSCF0425.jpg

Sponsored Links

NY

07-07-07, 04:52 AM   #2  
The closeup of the rewind starter is not quite enough to identify the engine. So, if you could pan out with the cam and post back with some more pics may be more helpful. It sure appears to be a clone though and I doubt you'll find replacement parts for such and I really wouldn't recommend this with such and engine, if so. Post back with some more pics.

Group Moderator

NC

07-07-07, 05:33 AM   #3  
It's a Chinese clone made by Jiangsu Jiangdong. For about $250 you can buy a whole new Chinese clone genset and a 6hp clone engine is about $150. Are you sure you want to go to the work and trouble of fixing your engine. I hate to see you put much money & work into such a cheap engine.

I'd throw your engine away. If you want to go cheap buy another Chinese clone engine, but personally I'd spend a little more and get a brand name engine like Brigs, Techumseh, Honda or Robin.

Search this Thread