Which is Better-Snapper or LawnBoy?

Old 07-05-07, 04:27 PM
Which is Better-Snapper or LawnBoy?

I am in the market for a new mulching push mower and have settled on the higher end LawnBoy or the Higher End Snapper. Both seem to be reliable good mowers...I just cant decide. I am leaning towards Snapper based on an article I read about them and how they refuse to sell to Walmart anymore (focusing on quality). LawnBoy frightens me because they are owned by Toro, and sold at Home Depot (I think they are still there). The Lawnboy seems to have some nice features, but I just question the current state of its pedigree. Popular Mechanics rated the LawnBoy as the best in its tests. Anyone care to chime in for either of the brands?

Thanks,

Stavs

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-07, 05:27 PM
I have sold them both in the past, I don't think you would be disappointed in either one. However my personal opinion of the quality of cut goes to the Lawnboy if you are interested in mulching your lawn, and to Snapper if you prefer to bag. Toro is a very good company and always took care of the customer for me as far as warranties were concerned.

Purchase your mower from a local servicing dealer and you can't go wrong with either of them. If you purchase from a box store you may not get the service attention for your product that a servicing dealer would provide.

Old 07-06-07, 02:20 AM
Originally Posted by 30yearTech View Post
Purchase your mower from a local servicing dealer and you can't go wrong with either of them. If you purchase from a box store you may not get the service attention for your product that a servicing dealer would provide.
That's the best advise anyone here can give you. Both brands are good, but your customer support down the road will be much better with a dealer.