Honda harmony 2 lawn mower

Old 07-06-07, 09:08 AM
Honda harmony 2 lawn mower

Hi I am wondering if anybody can tell me how to replace a clutch cable in my Honda Harmony 2 Quadra cut lawn mover, I bought it from someone and I dont have an owners manual, I bought a new cable but I dont know how to repair it oops jajajaj a little help would be greatly apreciated
the model number is HRT2162TDA

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-07, 10:27 AM
Is this your mower?

Here is a link to your manual (I think). I would like to help more but can't seem to find diagrams. Those with shops or better ability will be along soon.

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/OWN_LAW/own/31VG4641.PDF

Old 07-06-07, 03:35 PM
thanks for the manual

Thank you for providing me with the owners manual link, do you happen to have the link to a repair manual??? jajaja thanks

Old 07-06-07, 04:34 PM
this was a link from the www.hondapowerequipment.com website:
http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=helm&Mfg=AHP&Make=AHP&Model=LAWN&Year=&Category=1&Keyword=&Module=&selected%5Fmedia=&mscsid=P26J4BM1F62R9LPVDNM03GW7B802CQF1
I'm gonna guess you won't be able to find a free repair manual but if someone could prove me wrong :-)

I haven't used these, just showing what I found. Haven't worked on a Honda either so I'm no expert here. I do suggest a repair manual if you are gonna do your own work as well as this site!!! If I had to guess your original question will be answered soon though.

Old 07-07-07, 04:19 AM
I know of no free, online service manuals for Honda equipment either but hopefully Cheese (the other moderator and expert on Honda equipment) will post here soon and he can walk you through the procedure.

Old 07-07-07, 10:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If I recall correctly, the cable on the handlebar end is pretty self-explanatory. The other end is a bit tricky though. I don't have a book for that model, but I think the cabe has a spring on the tranny end, that goes through the lever. I don't remember if you can access this end by removing the belt cover from under the mower or if you have to slide the whole tranny out to get to the cable on that model. Take the cover off and have a look.

Old 07-08-07, 04:20 PM
You should be able to replace the clutch cable after you remove the belt cover as cheese described. The end of the cable should just snap into place on the transmission and the end of the cable should hook over the clutch lever on the transmission. The tricky part would be removing the old cable as you cannot access the end to compress the snap to release the cable. If the cable is bad then you can just grab the cable end with a pair of pliers and break it off, this will destroy the cable but you are replacing it anyways. Then hook the end of the new cable to the clutch lever and snap it into place on the transmission.

Another option is to remove the drive belt and then release the belt tension spring from the transmission, remove the clutch and shift cable from the handles to obtain slack in the cables and then rotate the transmission around to access the cables.

Good Luck!