Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Weed Eater WT3100 Starter Rope Help

07-08-07, 10:22 AM   #1  
Weed Eater WT3100 Starter Rope Help

Rope broke. Unable to locate Service manual at MFG web site or on web.
Looking for instructions on safe removal of clutch which has Danger stamped on it. Clutch is held on drive shaft with a washer and nut and has a spring coiled inside it...is that where danger is?

Would appreciate info on service manual and any experience with this hardware.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-08-07, 12:32 PM   #2  
I can't think of any "danger" areas in a weedeater engine other than the recoil spring for the pull rope. I assume that's the spot designated as dangerous.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TX

07-08-07, 04:00 PM   #3  
Perhaps they are meaning that there is danger if you run the engine without the clutch drum in place. The clutch shoes will expand to a point that the spring could break and then the shoes will come flying off and could be quite dangerous if they hit anyone.

Just remove the nut, the clutch will come off as an assembly. There is not any danger in removing the clutch assembly. Just don't try to start the engine until you have it completely reassembled.

07-08-07, 08:44 PM   #4  
Thanks For Your Help

Took the nut off and all my problems were solved... easy access to the rope pulley and the rope pulley spring is secured linto the housing so all you have to do is lift the spindel off the post and return it the same position...life is sweet Thanks again for you input.

Fear = False evidence that appears real

Search this Thread