Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

B & S Torque settings

07-11-07, 02:21 AM   #1  
B & S Torque settings

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and wonder if anyone can help me to find the torque settings for the oil-drain plug and spark plug on a B & S XTS50 Quantum engine. I have trawled the online manuals, but can't find any figures. Likewise, there is no mention of these in the information that came with the mower.
Thanks,
Les

Sponsored Links

NY

07-11-07, 02:40 AM   #2  
I don't recall ever seeing torque specs for these in my service manuals. My educated guess would be 20-25 foot pounds on the oil drain plug and 150 inch pounds on the spark plug.

07-11-07, 03:07 AM   #3  
Thanks!

Many thanks puey61. That is very helpful. Why is it that such basic information is not provided? Every motor cycle and car that I have owned came with details of torque settings. Curiously enough, the owner's manual for the mower gives torque settings for attaching the blades and rotor to the crankshaft!
Thanks again,
Les

NY

07-11-07, 05:44 PM   #4  
I think the manual writers assume that anyone willing to tackle these jobs know to use common specs based on the thread type and size with these and other similar plugs/fasteners when, actually, they should assume a novice/doityourselfer will surely get their hands on such and should absolutely provide such specs in their manuals.

Search this Thread