craftsman lawnmower not getting gas

Old 07-13-07, 04:05 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
craftsman lawnmower not getting gas

I have a craftsman lawnmower Briggs and Stratton 42E707-2631E1 19 hp. I rebuilt the carburator and when I put it back together it doesn't seem to be getting any gas. I can pour gas into the carburator and it will run until it uses up that gas. I am getting a suction and can remove gas line and hold it down and gas will flow through the line. Please give me any suggestions on what I may have done wrong on the carburator. Thanks

Old 07-13-07, 05:12 PM
Did you take the fuel pump apart? Maby you didn't put it together right or you need to recondition the fuel pump.

Old 07-13-07, 05:19 PM
M
I probably put it together wrong. There is a spring and an aluminum cap that goes on the spring. I am not sure if I am doing that part right. I am looking at a diagram and it is not very explanitory.

Old 07-13-07, 05:35 PM
The ring sits on the plastic part of the fuel pump. It will sit right in there and the big spring sits on that ring and pushes against a diaphragm. The spring should not be touching any metal part(except for that ring). There are also two little springs in the fuel pump that could be easy to lose. Is this a three or a four screw pump?

Old 07-13-07, 05:49 PM
M
It is a four screw.

Old 07-14-07, 02:55 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Order of fuel pump parts starting at the carburetor body and working outward: Gasket - spring cap - spring - plastic pump body - diaphragm - gasket - cover - screws. Aside from the fuel pump, did you pull the carburetor upper body off to inspect for fuel in the fuel bowl?

Old 07-14-07, 04:32 AM
B
Make sure you attached the diaphram rod correctly. Been awhile for me, but the position of the butterfly has to be set a certain way during reassemble. Closed position I think. Puey or Cheese can advise on that.

P.S. Did you clean the carb while you had it off?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: