Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

craftsman lawnmower not getting gas

07-13-07, 04:05 PM   #1  
craftsman lawnmower not getting gas

I have a craftsman lawnmower Briggs and Stratton 42E707-2631E1 19 hp. I rebuilt the carburator and when I put it back together it doesn't seem to be getting any gas. I can pour gas into the carburator and it will run until it uses up that gas. I am getting a suction and can remove gas line and hold it down and gas will flow through the line. Please give me any suggestions on what I may have done wrong on the carburator. Thanks

Sponsored Links

NY

07-13-07, 05:12 PM   #2  
Did you take the fuel pump apart? Maby you didn't put it together right or you need to recondition the fuel pump.

07-13-07, 05:19 PM   #3  
I probably put it together wrong. There is a spring and an aluminum cap that goes on the spring. I am not sure if I am doing that part right. I am looking at a diagram and it is not very explanitory.

NY

07-13-07, 05:35 PM   #4  
The ring sits on the plastic part of the fuel pump. It will sit right in there and the big spring sits on that ring and pushes against a diaphragm. The spring should not be touching any metal part(except for that ring). There are also two little springs in the fuel pump that could be easy to lose. Is this a three or a four screw pump?

07-13-07, 05:49 PM   #5  
It is a four screw.

NY

07-14-07, 02:55 AM   #6  
Order of fuel pump parts starting at the carburetor body and working outward: Gasket - spring cap - spring - plastic pump body - diaphragm - gasket - cover - screws. Aside from the fuel pump, did you pull the carburetor upper body off to inspect for fuel in the fuel bowl?

07-14-07, 04:32 AM   #7  
Make sure you attached the diaphram rod correctly. Been awhile for me, but the position of the butterfly has to be set a certain way during reassemble. Closed position I think. Puey or Cheese can advise on that.

P.S. Did you clean the carb while you had it off?

Search this Thread