Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Karcher K 5000 G pump problem

07-17-07, 09:29 AM   #1  
Karcher K 5000 G pump problem

Hello all
I have a Karcher K 5000 G gas power washer. Recently, I let the washer idle too long and the thermal protection kicked in. This means the spill valve opened and released water. According to the manual, it should reset after cooling down. It never did reset. I tried to remove the brass drain plug that covers the spill valve so I could check the valve but no matter what I try, I cannot get the brass plug out. So --- I disasembled the pump to see if I could get it out another way. Of course the oil drained out. All pump parts look in good condition. However, I still cannot get the plug out. I even tried heating the casing around it to try and remove it - no luck.
Questions: Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can remove this plug. Also what my problem may be with the spill valve not resetting. I also need to know what kind of oil to put back in the pump, how much and how to put it in. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

NY

07-17-07, 06:33 PM   #2  
Stay tuned for the other moderator, Cheese, to respond, he has good knowledge on pressure washer pumps. He'll most likely respond tonight/early tommorow.

Search this Thread