Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

troy bilt snowblower rap

07-17-07, 04:46 PM   #1  
troy bilt snowblower rap

i have a troy bilt 26" 2stage snow blower with a 10hp Tech Eng Model # 42012
When it is in the the forward drive it makes a rapping sound, not loud but a rap, i cheched it out and could not find anything wrong, it is louder in rev. Should I worry? This machine is new to me. Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links

NY

07-17-07, 05:48 PM   #2  
Worry, no. Be concerned, yes. Any odd/strange noise should be addressed immidiately as it will likely only worsen and create more trouble. This is a rather complicated drive train and I really can't point to any one particular spot for you to find the noise. You'll have to perform a visual inspection with the inspection pan off while manually engaging and operating (engine not running for safety sake) the drive train and look for any obvious issue(s). This will definitely, initially require a looksee on your part to find anything out of order or questionable before we can advise you better.

07-18-07, 11:58 AM   #3  
found the problem, bad friction disk! Thanks for the help!!

NY

07-19-07, 05:01 PM   #4  
Alrighty, and a fairly simple fix too. Good news and keep us bookmarked if you should need us again.

Search this Thread