Replacement trimmer assembly for Ryobi??

Old 07-21-07, 06:03 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacement trimmer assembly for Ryobi??

The business end of my 31cc straight shaft Ryobi is making noise likes it's running dry. I'm bout 99.9% sure that the bearings have no more lubricant. I have run it that way for several years and it's getting louder of course. It will do the whole yard and it only gets warm so they are not totally shot yet. Can I get a replacement head or do I need to rework it or buy a new trimmer. The engine still runs great after 7 years.

Thanks

Old 07-21-07, 06:13 PM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
You can probably buy a new trimmer for what it will cost to repair the one you have(when it actually quits). 7 years for a consumer grade trimmer is a long time, yours must be from before Ryobi went to the throw aways, if so it could be worth fixing. Post the model number and maybe someone will have more info. Have a good one. Geo

Old 07-21-07, 07:21 PM
I don't know about Ryobi, but my john deere has a screw cap on the gear box that you can take off and put grease in. Look for something similar on yours.

Old 07-22-07, 01:24 PM
S
Smile gear box

My Ryobi 767rj straight shaft was making a lot of noise. I took it the gear head apart (three screws), cleaned, and repack the gear head with grease. It has really quieten the gear head. The bearings are a little rough but the gears are in great shape. I believe it will live to trim another day.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: