Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Pressure Washer Soap Problem

WI

07-24-07, 02:21 PM   #1  
Pressure Washer Soap Problem

I Have A 6 Horsepower , 2300 Psi Campbell Hausfeld Pressure Washer. I Cannot Get It To Suck The Soap. I Installed A New Soap Valve, But It Still Will Not Suction The Soap. What Could Be The Problem?

Sponsored Links

FL

07-24-07, 05:03 PM   #2  
You need a soaper nozzle. Pressure washers won't draw soap under pressure.

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

07-25-07, 05:34 AM   #3  
Like most, my PW has the detergent siphon feature but I've never used it. IMO it does a better job to use a pump up garden sprayer to apply the cleaning agent - use the PW to rinse. You also don't have to worry about any corrosive effects the cleaner might have on the PW

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

07-25-07, 06:00 AM   #4  
under pressure

Please check the wand and switch it to the low pressure side, you have to either pull or push twards the lower end to switch from pressure to low pressure. As the previous person was saying the pressure washer will not pick up under the high pressure setting.

WI

07-25-07, 05:20 PM   #5  
If you spray wand does not have a low pressure side or if you have replaceable tips you have to get to a low pressure output. Some of these units have to be idled down on engine rpms to get to draw. Check your owners manual or check online for the owners manual to explain how your unit operates.

FL

07-26-07, 07:31 AM   #6  
They also make soaper attachments that WILL spray agent at high pressure (I use one), the draw is on the nozzle. This makes the unit a little more cumbersome, because you have the draw hose attached at the end of the wand rather than on the machine, but if you want to spray cleaning agents at pressure, this is the way to go.

You also get the advantage of not running an agent through your pump, so you could, should you want to, run pure bleach through it.

I forget exactly what I paid for it, but I think it was around $40 or so, at Home Depot.

Search this Thread