Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Toro 724 snowblower carb troubles

ND

08-11-07, 11:17 PM   #1  
Toro 724 snowblower carb troubles

I have a H70 tecumseh engine on a toro 724 and it surges at idle. I have soaked the carb in gumout for 2 days blew out and run wire through the 3 small passages by the butterfly. But the original carb had a loose throttle shaft so I rebuilt a different carb body. Will this make a difference if it has a opening for a primer hose? The original did not. It makes no difference if I cover it with my finger while running. I haven't put in a kit yet either. The needle, seat and float all looked good. I just thought I could soak it and go. I believe the kit number is 31840 is this correct?

Sponsored Links

MO

08-12-07, 11:17 AM   #2  
If it is a bowl type carb the jets in the bolt holding the bowl on need to be cleaned, sometimes they are hard to see. Have a good one. Geo

NY

08-13-07, 03:53 AM   #3  
The 31840, carb kit, is likely the correct kit for the original carb but may not be for the non-original carb you have. On the non-original one, find the carb ID numbers and post back with such. Or, do you have the engine ID numbers for the replacement carb?

Search this Thread