John Deer Lt-155 mower belt replacement help

Old 08-12-07, 01:51 PM
Red face John Deer Lt-155 mower belt replacement help

I have taken off my JD LT-155 Mower blade belt after lowering the deck. But when I put the thing back on it has all kinds of slack in it. If anyone has any diagrams of how the serpintine belt is routed I would surely appreciated it.

I am going out of my mind here. All day long and 1/3 of the grass is cut. Puhleeeze help.

Thanks
T-Ford

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-07, 03:16 PM
Google John deer and then go to their site they have manuals available for download.

Mark_ms

Old 08-13-07, 03:40 AM
If I'm not mistaken, this could have one of four optional decks on it and each would have their own belt arrangement and you would find it quickest to get the "schematic" from the same dealer you purchased the belt from. Also, be sure you purchased the correct belt for your deck.

Old 08-13-07, 04:51 AM
Unhappy John Deer mower belt replacement LT-155

Thank you for replying to my earlier post. I am just trying to see if anyone has the schematic for the mower blade replacement. I bought my belts from ebay so there were no schematics with them. I tried to go to the John Deer website but they wante $129.00 for the manual. I am not that much of a complete repair guy. if anyone has any info that can help me or a picture of there belt on I would abppreciate it. Oh yea, I have the standard 38 inch mower deck on this machine. Following is a copy of my original post. Thank you all who have read my post with special thanks to those who replied. I really appreciate it.

have taken off my JD LT-155 Mower blade belt after lowering the deck. But when I put the thing back on it has all kinds of slack in it. If anyone has any diagrams of how the serpintine belt is routed I would surely appreciated it.

I am going out of my mind here. All day long and 1/3 of the grass is cut. Puhleeeze help.

Thanks
T-Ford

Old 08-13-07, 06:40 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

This site has illustrated parts listings. You will have to enter your model # and navigate to the correct section, and then there is still very little to actually reference as far as belt routing. It does not show much if anything for the 38" deck, and I am not sure how similar the 42" deck is for belts and routing. You may see something that will help, however I did not see much that would give me any ideas without seeing the deck itself. Possibly if you could host a digital picture or two, I or someone may be able to assist further.

If all else fails, it MAY be worth a shot to go to a dealer and ask if they would print a page from a manual, owners or service. Should you attempt this, I would write down every single number from the mower, rider chassis engine...model/serial etc. Also make note of the original color of the deck. Have your part # for your belt and anything else you may have. I have found that if you can show that you have done considerable leg work on your own and still need assistance, that they may feel guilty and assist.
I also know of one other site that may help, if you would like the url you can private message me and I will send to you. This forum will not allow me to post the url here.

Old 08-13-07, 10:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello and welcome T-Ford,

I merged this thread with your last one. Please use the reply button when posting about this topic to keep all the info in one thread. It's much less confusing. Thanks!

Old 08-14-07, 02:22 AM
Belt routing will be self-explanatory or at least reasonable, however, you must have the correct belt. You didn't post the serial number of your mower but I've taken the time to look at all the options on all the serial number breaks and I've come up with a part number of M126536 for the blade belt. If you have anything other than this then I recommend contacting your local Deere dealer and getting the correct belt.