Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

flooded/leaking carburator

CT

08-22-07, 03:22 PM   #1  
flooded/leaking carburator

my aries snowblower (2 stage) leaks from the carburator, i had this rebuilt last winter. when i called and spoke to them about it this week they stated that the warrenty for work was only good for 30 days.
it leaks and is filling up the head. i am not very machanically inclined and any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links

MO

08-22-07, 07:45 PM   #2  
We really need the Model, Type, et. from the engine to be of any real help. It sounds like the gas tank is above the carb and you have a bowl type carb which would indicate you left untreated fuel in the engine which has evaporated and turned to varnish and the float is stuck open, which would inficate the need to soak the carb in a bath type cleaner to desolve the varnish. However this is just a guess at this point without knowing what type of engine you have. Have a good one. Geo

CT

08-23-07, 02:59 AM   #3  
leaking carb

Thanks for the info, I'll get the required information
Posted By: geogrubb We really need the Model, Type, et. from the engine to be of any real help. It sounds like the gas tank is above the carb and you have a bowl type carb which would indicate you left untreated fuel in the engine which has evaporated and turned to varnish and the float is stuck open, which would inficate the need to soak the carb in a bath type cleaner to desolve the varnish. However this is just a guess at this point without knowing what type of engine you have. Have a good one. Geo

NY

08-23-07, 03:44 AM   #4  
Being an Ariens two-stage thrower this will be a four-stroke Tecumseh engine with a gravity fed carb. Geo is most likely right that you will need to soak and recondition the carburetor and this is quite common with todays gasolines. If you do not take the proper steps to prevent varnish accumulation during storage periods, particularly with summer-stored equipment, then you will have this trouble yearly.

Search this Thread