flooded/leaking carburator

Old 08-22-07, 03:22 PM
Unhappy flooded/leaking carburator

my aries snowblower (2 stage) leaks from the carburator, i had this rebuilt last winter. when i called and spoke to them about it this week they stated that the warrenty for work was only good for 30 days.
it leaks and is filling up the head. i am not very machanically inclined and any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-07, 07:45 PM
We really need the Model, Type, et. from the engine to be of any real help. It sounds like the gas tank is above the carb and you have a bowl type carb which would indicate you left untreated fuel in the engine which has evaporated and turned to varnish and the float is stuck open, which would inficate the need to soak the carb in a bath type cleaner to desolve the varnish. However this is just a guess at this point without knowing what type of engine you have. Have a good one. Geo

Old 08-23-07, 02:59 AM
leaking carb

Thanks for the info, I'll get the required information
Originally Posted by geogrubb View Post
We really need the Model, Type, et. from the engine to be of any real help. It sounds like the gas tank is above the carb and you have a bowl type carb which would indicate you left untreated fuel in the engine which has evaporated and turned to varnish and the float is stuck open, which would inficate the need to soak the carb in a bath type cleaner to desolve the varnish. However this is just a guess at this point without knowing what type of engine you have. Have a good one. Geo

Old 08-23-07, 03:44 AM
Being an Ariens two-stage thrower this will be a four-stroke Tecumseh engine with a gravity fed carb. Geo is most likely right that you will need to soak and recondition the carburetor and this is quite common with todays gasolines. If you do not take the proper steps to prevent varnish accumulation during storage periods, particularly with summer-stored equipment, then you will have this trouble yearly.