Yard Machine wont start

Old 08-22-07, 11:37 PM
Smile Yard Machine wont start

Have a riding yard machine that wont start. I know that there is a switch for both the blade engagement and the clutch that is probably causing the problem but cant seem to find them. Any tips on where and what to look for. These switches disable the mower from starting i believe but cant find them. Thank You

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-07, 03:51 AM
The two switches you mentioned don't prevent the ENGINE from starting they prevent it from spinning over, the seat switch, among other things, would prevent it from starting. Do you have a "no-spin" situation or a "no-start" issue? I'm going to guess a no-spin problem and with such it may be one, or more, of the switches related to the start circuit but it may not. Other components related to the start circuit are the battery, battery cables, inline fuse, starter, starter cable, key switch and solenoid. Do you have a test light or a test meter in order to diagnose the problem?

Old 08-24-07, 02:49 PM
Thumbs up Got er running!!!

tHANKS FOR THE REPLY. Got the yard machine started after a couple hours tweaking the blade engagement button and testing electrical wires i stumbled upon the FUSE!!!!! Fuse it was.

Last edited by DIYaddict; 08-24-07 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
Old 08-27-07, 03:50 AM
Under normal conditions, the fuse should never blow. If you continue to blow the fuse then you'll need to find the source of your trouble.

Search this Thread