5hp Tecumseh engine rebuild question

Old 08-23-07, 08:21 PM
Smile 5hp Tecumseh engine rebuild question

ENG MOD 143.995002 ENGINE CRAFTSMAN
Eng Family WTPXS.1851BA
Displacement 185
MOM 9042J
[Tecumseh]5.0 HP 22" WEED TRIMMER
I'm putting all the parts off my old block into another block. I can't find a Parts list for a small spring and a half moon counterweight looking thing that is located in the camshaft area. I need to see if this part was damaged when the rod blew and knocked a hole in the block. I have another block, crankshaft and rod/piston assay ready to go back together.
I found an Engine parts list at http://www.landscapepower.com/pdf/Tecumseh/LEV120-361093D.pdf but it does not show these two items or if it does, I don't recognize them.
Can someone show me where these parts actually go in the block?

Thanks
hh

Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-07, 04:45 AM
I beleive that you are describing the govenor gear.In which chase, there should be a pin about 1 or 1-1/2" long drove into a hole into the oil sump behind the cam gear that said gear rides on.Then if memory serves a retaining clip goes on top of this gear,and then the counterweight part.and then a slide that moves the governor arm.

Old 08-24-07, 08:59 AM
The following link should give you the necessary tec. manual you need it covers 3-11hp 4-cycle.
http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf
Have a good one. Geo

Old 08-24-07, 11:09 AM
Thanks Geo that gave me the info I needed. It was the 'compression Release Mechanism' listed in page 84 of the pdf file you gave a link to. Great Help! The little pin holding it to the camshaft is broken ... alowing the spring to come loose too. Again Thanks

hh